Mohamed Elmehdi SAIDI
- 1995: PhD in Hydrology & Climatology from Sorbonne University (Paris IV, France).
PHD Dissertation : Surface and deep hydrology of the Souss watershed (Morocco): Climatology, hydrogeology, floods and hydrological balance in a sub-arid environment. (in french) Download
- 1991: Master’s degree in Physical Geography "Geographical analysis of the physical environment. Natural resources and hazards" University of Sciences and Technologies - Lille (France).
- 1989: Bachelor's degree in Earth Sciences from Faculty of Sciences - Agadir (Morocco)
- High School diploma in experimental sciences (Tiznit, Morocco)
Research interests :
- Hydrology of arid and semi-arid environments
- Extreme hydrological events
- Climate change impacts on hydrology
- Water balance and Water Resources Management
Director of doctoral thesis :
- Contribution of meteorological models and soil moisture to the modeling and forecasting of floods in the Rheraya, Issyl and Ourika basins (High Atlas of Marrakech, Morocco). PhD thesis defended by El Mahdi El Khalki on September 9, 2020.
- Hydraulic modeling and territorial vulnerability to floods in semi-arid mountainous areas. Case of the Ourika and Rheraya watersheds (Morocco). PhD thesis defended by Oumaima Bennani on September 11, 2020.
- Hydrology and Integrated Water Resources Management in the context of climate change. The case of the Chichaoua-Assif Al Mal hydrosystm (Morocco). PhD thesis defended by Abdessamad Hadri on July 17, 2021.
- Hydrology of ungauged watersheds and groundwater recharge possibilities. Example of the right bank of Tensift wadi (Morocco)
- Contribution of hydrological modeling to understanding the processes of mean and extreme flows in semi-arid environment. The case of the Zat and Ghdat watersheds (Morocco)
- Contribution of Satellite-based rainfall products and Reanalysis in hydrological modeling in sub-Saharan Morocco. Case of Souss, Massa and Draa watersheds.
- Hydrological Sciences Journal
- Journal of African Earth Sciences
- European Scientific Journal
- Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology
- Journal of Materials and Environmental Sciences
- Bulletin de l'Institut Scientifique, Section Sciences de la Terre
- Arabian Journal of Earth Sciences.